Thursday, February 24, 2011

Better late than never

Well, I wrote this a month ago when I was sick and feeling introspective.  Here goes:


So, I'm sitting here with a strep infection having the time of my life and questioning my daily existence.  It's sad that it takes being this sick to slow me down enough to play with my children.  Did God really give me this call to be a mother so that I could spend my days the way I currently do?  Maybe the reason I feel so uninspired and unfulfilled, is that my life, the way I currently live it, is uninspiring and unfulfilling.  Did God intend me to spend so much time sitting at the computer, so much time washing the laundry that consists of 4 times more clothing than we really need,  or so much time putting away the many toys that some other child would count as one of few?  Why does it take being so sick that I CAN'T run around doing "my" things to realize that the reason I am so dissatisfied, truly is because of my choices, not the circumstances of life; that the things I have chosen as "my" things are unfulfilling and not what God would choose for me.  As I look around me, I see that the gifts God has given me are not the beautiful house, that I struggle to keep clean, or the things we've filled that house with, but my husband and my four beautiful children who live in it with me.  Shouldn't the amount of time I spend on something reflect its importance to me?  Please God, help me to readjust my priorities and help me to show those priorities by the time and effort I put toward them.

2 comments: